Tuesday 7 June 2011

sing a new song

Surprise, surprise - it's another quote from Spurgeon. But you know, what he says never gets redundant or becomes irrelevant, because he was in the business of making much of our blessed and victorious Saviour who ever liveth. So, I share this particular excerpt from his Morning and Evening in hopes that its bright truth resonates as deeply with you, as with me. It is as if this is one of those culminating entries in my journal - only Spurgeon wrote it for me decades ago in England.


This makes me think about how people like to label other people and themselves. "Well you know, he is the glass is half empty kind of person, while I try to see the glass as half full." Or "I really ought to see the glass as half full, but I just can't help myself." Or... etc. I'm sure you've heard this phrase, perhaps even used it yourself. Well, I propose that for the child of God, the glass is neither half fall nor half empty; it is over-flowing. My cup runneth over with moment-to-moment mercies.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously Angela, I never knew you had a blog. Wow, I am definitely following. Can't wait to hear more of what you have to say. :)

    In Christ,
    Joshua

    ReplyDelete