Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Lord said, "Come!" and then "Go!"

O let this guilt and gloom now go.
On the cross, His great love He did show.
"God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." 
Romans 5:8

O let His glory and grace be shared,
Jesus came and bled, so much He cared.
"He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Let despair and doubt depart,
He's risen and enthroned, take heart!
"Take heart; I have overcome the world," Jesus said. 
John 16:33

O let this fear and fuss now cease,
For God is the God of perfect peace,
"peace that passeth all understanding." 
Philippians 4:7

O let His peace and power be felt
With the Spirit we are indwelt.
"May you know His incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength He exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 1:19-20

O let this joy and hope now rise,
For our God is holy, wholly wise.
"You believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." 
1 Peter 1:8 

O let His praise be sweetly sung
His righteousness always on my tongue.
"My tongue will proclaim your righteousness, your praises all day long." Psalm 35:28

O let our love and light be bright,
For with Him He has made us right.
"Christ made us right with God; He made us pure and holy, and He freed us from sin." 1 Corinthians 1:30

Jesus came and said, "Come to Me. I am the way, the truth and the life." So I came and come to Him daily. He also said, "Go!" Go share the Gospel in word and action. So I go, for He is with me, in me, for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment