five musings/realizations/thoughts (whatever noun you so prefer) as of late.
1. I have officially decided that I like my name better when it is said in Spanish, and best when it is said in French.
2. Sometimes I find myself trying to tinker with God's clock, often by trying to wind the hands forward a few days, months, years. I know that this is not only arrogant of me but also very silly. God knows everything. And God knows best. I best rest in His good hands and stop fiddling with my own.
3. "What is a dream to the glorious reality?" I read this yesterday in my Spurgeon's Morning and Evening. And it struck me fresh. What are all my dreams, no matter how grand they may be, compared to the glorious reality of my salvation granted to me through Jesus Christ my Lord. Nothing compares.
4. Just finished A.W. Tozer's little whopper of a book Knowledge of the Holy. It was excellent to say the least, so good that it's hard to summarize. I will say this though. Each chapter began with a prayer. This one in particular I feel is worth sharing. How great is our dilemma. In Thy Presence silence best becomes us, but love inflames our hearts and constrains us to speak. Were we to hold our peace, the stones would cry out; yet if we speak, what shall we say?
5. There are many beautiful things around us every day. The problem is we walk around too busy to notice, and that is tragic.