Monday 4 January 2010

it's time

Don't you love how delicious Christmastime is? I do! And if you're anything like me, you have consumed ridiculous amounts of sweets this holiday. Chocolate. Cake. Cookies. Pie. You name it, I ate it, and loved every bite of it! You know how it is... between the parties and presents, your sweet tooth is satisfied more in the course of a few weeks than it is all year!

It therefore comes as no shock when the pants seem to have shrunk a bit, as soon as January rolls around, or when the dentist finds a cavity or cavities. Leftovers are still around at the beginning of January and you find yourself postponing your new year's resolution to lose the holiday pounds. Tomorrow becomes the word of the day.

But, it is the fourth of January, folks, and I think it's about time that I stop having dessert after breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But, it's just so hard. I'm telling you, it's like they call me from the fridge. And the promises of just one more bite dissolve as quickly as the chocolate in my mouth. And their calories don't scare me. No-sir-ee. Doesn't a little exercise take care of those things?

This needs to stop though, lest I become the blimp of 2010... lest I become the dreaded airplane passenger who should have booked two seats... lest I lose all my teeth to sugar rotting... lest people mistake me for a woman pregnant with septuplets! Not to mention, I so do not want to be one of the 'before' images you find on those weight loss commercials.

That said, it is time to back-away-from-the-chocolates for a while. And I will... as soon as I finish this last box of shortbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment