Saturday 29 August 2009

worldwide

It’s often into the evening hours of Saturday that I begin to think about Sunday, because it is already Sunday in other parts of the world. I calculate the time difference in my head, and think about my brothers and sisters in all the continents. I specifically think of my family in Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and England, who meet with their small congregations. And I think of mis amigos in Argentina, as well. And I think of all my brothers and sisters who are meeting underground or in peoples’ homes or in lonely prison cells or under expanse of sky.

And I fall asleep rejoicing that God’s name is being praised in many different languages and in many different places by many different people! What a place heaven will be, when the international choir is united before Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment