Thursday 2 July 2009

transportation. tea. toe-tapping. trustworthy.

My work office is right beside an airport, and so there are always planes ascending and descending outside my window. I always wonder where they are going, or where they have come from. And sometimes I wish I could hop on one of them, and go for an adventure.

I am a self-declared tea-addict. I love everything about tea. The smell. The taste. The warmth. But apart from it being absolutely soothing and delicious, I love that tea invites a conversation. Share a cuppa, and have a chat. They go together so wonderfully.

At my work, I spend most the time filing and folding paper, then stuffing and sealing envelopes. (Yes, it's exciting as it sounds!) But thanks to my ipod, the hours pass quite quickly. Today I got back to my roots, and tapped my toe to Gaelic Storm, The Cottars, The Dubliners, Eileen Ivers, and Riverdance. It took everything within me to not stand up and do a jig right in the middle of the office. Instead, I settled for toe-tapping, and dreamt that I was the lead dancer in Riverdance. (Like that will ever happen! But a girl can dream, can't she?) Let music stir your soul.

I used to be obsessed with alliterations. How obsessed? you ask. Well, let me give you an example. I would end my birthday cards to people with this: {and I quote} Have a day bombarded with bliss, packed with perfection, loaded with laughs, stuffed with smiles, and jammed with joy! Now, is that ridiculous or is that ridiculous? Yes, I was a bit weird as a child, but who wasn't? We all had (and have!) our little quirks, whether we admit them or not. And, I confess, alliterations still have a place in my heart. But then again, doesn't take a genius to see that (see title)!

Something to meditate on ...
"Not one of all the LORD's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled." Joshua 21:45
God has never failed, nor does He intend to start. Now, isn't that encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment