Wednesday 17 June 2009

still strumming at seventy

Ever leave a c.d. in your car, so good, that you actually can't wait to drive so you can listen to it? Well, I do. And let me tell you, it's great incentive for the 30 minute commute to work during the ridiculously early hours of the morning. The c.d. (entitled: La Cruz) was given to me by an elderly woman from my church. Se llama, Lupe.

She is a dear woman, and perhaps the funniest old woman I have ever met. Oh, the laughs I've had because of her. But what I love most about Lupe is her passion. Nothing (and I mean nothing!) can stop Lupe from praising the Lord. And the best part is, she loves to praise Him with her guitar. (She has this great, little, old guitar from Mexico.) Still strumming at seventy. Now that's a testimony!!

Anyways, every Sunday, she always has a Spanish song printed out for me. But this past week, she greeted me with un regalito (little gift). And it is this regalito that keeps me singing all the way to work. Gracias Lupe.

(p.s. I love that we have a multilingual God!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment