Sunday 18 April 2010

follow Me,

and My goodness will follow you, promises God.

I had high hopes for this afternoon; at least half of my to-do list was going to get done. However, that goal went right out the window, the moment I looked out the window. I grabbed my Bible and ventured outside.

A butterfly kept me company on my walk. In fact, it wouldn’t leave me alone. It was nice though, watching its vibrant orange wings dance around me, rising and falling with the breeze.

I thought of something a friend of mine once said to me, and it hasn't escaped me yet, and that is – it’s powerful to be out in God’s general revelation (His creation) reading His special revelation (His Word). Yes. Yes, it is.

And today, as I enjoyed that powerful combination, the Holy Spirit was ministering something mighty to my soul. With graduation just around the corner, the whole thought of ‘after college’ is on my mind. And even when I try and forget it, I can count on getting asked that question. You know the one. “So, how are you feeling about graduation?”

Well, now I feel great, because today the Lord quieted me with Psalm 23:6 in a very special way. “How do I feel?” you ask. Well, “surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me; so I feel good.” Who knows, I might even break out in that James Brown song of one these times. Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now I feel good, I knew that I would. So good, so good, I got... and here I would make a lyrical change... I got Him!

I am happy to have that promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment