Tuesday 20 April 2010

joyful surrender

"As I read Job 12:10 again, 'In His hand is the life of every living thing,' I recognized that all I am and have is the Almighty's. Job is a lesson in acceptance, not of blind resignation, but of believing acceptance, that what God does is well done. So, Father, with happy committal I give you my life again this morning - not for anything special, simply to let you know that I regard it as Your's. Do with it as it pleases You, only give me great grace to do for the glory of Christ Jesus whatever comes to me."

I'm reading Shadow of the Almighty. It's a collection of Jim Elliot's journals, and I can't get enough. It's funny to me that these thoughts from decades ago ring just as true today. And this prayer is just as relevant now, as it was then.

No comments:

Post a Comment